|Remington MB-200 Titanium Mustache and Beard Trimmer, Black|
|Retail Price: $29.99|
|Amazon Price: $21.26|
Priced at around $30, this is a mid-tier trimmer that does its job surprisingly well. It’s got a great design and while you can’t really tell from the picture, its fantastic to hold and use. Not too heavy and not too plastic-y as well. It’s also small enough to be fairly portable and you can bring it along while traveling. Reviewers who owned it for more than a year, reported that it still works pretty well for them. It’s durability under long-term use is another great point about it.
This elegant beard and mustache trimmer comes with Titanium coated blades for clear shaving and a easy to use zoom wheel to manage length settings. It’s not super fancy, it’s not expensive but it does the job and that’s what’s important! Here are some of the user’s impressions so far…
- Trims the first time — They’re so used to getting annoyed with other electric trimmers they’ve used in the past because they had to go over the same spot so many times that they might as well have just done it themselves with a pair of scissors. The Remington gives them a great trim on the first pass.
- Trimming adjustments don’t slip — This was another gripe for most users they had with previous trimmers. Too much pressure and the length would change. That doesn’t happen with the Remington. Just set the length with the scrolling wheel and it stays put.
- No lube needed — With my old trimmers they were constantly seizing up if they aren’t oiled. Many experienced no need of oiling at all even with daily use.
- Removable head — The head comes off easily so you can use the blade to trim the edge of your beard, which is handy if you want a nice clean line.
- Powerful — If you have very thick facial hair that has killed a number of trimmers in the past, it’ll be nice to find one that can really power through your beard without slowing to a crawl and ripping hairs out rather than cutting.
- Holds a charge — They obviously put a good quality battery in the Remington MB-200 because this sucker stays charged for a couple weeks at least, which is great because you don’t have to pack a charger now.
- Easy to clean — The head lifts right off which makes it easy to keep clean.
- Cordless — If you really hate being tied to the wall with a cord. Plus outlets are at a premium in our bathroom so you can keep the charger in the bedroom and just grab the trimmer, use it and put it back.
- No progress indicator — This is just a minor gripe. Many users wished that there were bars or something to indicate how much of a charge was left.
- No charging dock — Again, this is only a minor annoyance. If you wish there was a charging dock for it to stand up in but it’s not a huge deal. Just lay mine on the nightstand.
The Remington MB-200 that has seen pretty regular action for a little over a month now and so far a reviewer couldn’t be happier. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of a $100 trimmer but most don’t need all of that. If you just need a trimmer that is reliable and gets the job done, and this one certainly does. For the price and the features you get, don’t think you’re going to find a better trimmer out there. Recommended.
Price Alert: At the moment, Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a 19% discount for the Remington MB-200 Trimmer. This means that you’ll save $5.84 off the standard retail price.