|Panasonic ER224S All-in-One Cordless Hair and Beard Trimmer (Silver)|
|Retail Price: $39.99|
|Amazon Price: $24.77|
First a little background. I’m a pretty avid beard grower so my beard trimmers have seen a lot of use over the years. I typically trim my thick, medium length beard two or three times per week to keep things neat. If I skip a week, I start getting wild, stray hairs that make me look like a hobo (so says the wife, lol).
Anyway, after my old Norelco bit the dust a few weeks ago (dropped it, doh!), I found myself in need of a new beard trimmer. I initially considered getting the same model as before since it served me well but I was always losing the attachments and I really hated being tied down with a cord.
After researching all the major brands like Norelco, Wahl and Remington, I ended up settling on Panasonic. I have some other Panasonic products in the house and I’ve been pretty happy with the quality of the brand overall so I decided to give the Panasonic ER224S a shot. It also had quite a few positive reviews so I felt pretty confident in my choice.
One of the things I really liked about the Panasonic ER224S Trimmer is ease of cleaning. The whole trimmer can be fully immersed in water for cleaning and you can run the blades under tap water. The unit also allows you to use it in a corded mode for extra power or you can just use it cordless if you want to trim while walking around the house, which I sometimes do (bad habit).
After using it for several weeks now here are my thoughts:
- Wet/Dry — I love that I can use the Panasonic ER224S in the shower. The wife does too because my beard hairs don’t end up all over the floor and around the sink.
- Cordless — I love being cord free. But if you forget to charge it, you can still plug it in and use it immediately without waiting for a recharge.
- Wall charging dock — It comes with a combo charger/dock so you just stand the trimmer in the dock on the wall, which means one less thing on the bathroom counter.
- Very quiet — I get up about an hour before my wife to get ready for work so she really appreciates how quiet this thing is. My old Norelco sounded like a buzz saw.
- All in one design — I love this part; no more hunting around in drawers for the right attachment. This thing has 14 different built in length adjustments (from 0.04 to 0.76 inches), so you just set it and go. My old Norelco only had about half as many lengths to choose from.
- Can’t adjust while on — This is a minor annoyance, you can’t change the trimming length while it’s powered on.
- Durability — I’m a little concerned about the long term durability. At first I cringed when removing the guard to clean the trimmer because I thought I was going to break it. I finally figured out that you need to dial it up to 20 and pinch the guard to safely remove it. If you just try to pull it off, you’re asking for breakage.
Overall I’m pretty happy with the Panasonic ER224S so far despite a couple minor annoyances. For me the biggest plus is the fact that it’s cordless and it’s a wet/dry so I can use it in the shower. I also love that I don’t have to hunt around for lost attachments since there aren’t any. Bottom line is I looked at quite a few different trimmers and I think that for the price and the features you’re getting, it’s going to be hard to find a better deal.
If you are looking for an all-in-one cordless hair and bread trimmer, the Panasonic ER224S All-in-One Cordless Hair and Beard Trimmer is the perfect choice for you. This cordless trimmer can handle and maintain your beard really well.
The best part about the Panasonic ER224S All-in-One Cordless Hair and Beard Trimmer is it’s easy to clean features. The device can be fully immersed in water for cleaning you can run the blades under tap water after use to clean off residue accumulated.
The unit comes with a cleaning brush which you can use to clean off hard and thick facial hair accumulated after a trim. In the corded mode you can easily use the device as a trimmer. Else you can also use it as a cordless device which makes it easy to maneuver the product for an accurate and clean cut.
Price Alert: Amazon.com is currently offering free shipping and a fantastic 39% discount for this Panasonic ER224S Beard Trimmer. The Amazon price is $15.45 cheaper than the usual retail price.